Saturday 24 March 2012

Dr. TakeCareofMe!

So i've been waiting for mom and dad to realize that it's a good idea to take me to work because everyone loves me where ever i go!  one morning this week i thought I was finally going to work with mom and dad!  i was really excited when we got there because it was a great place to work - there were dogs everywhere!  Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy!!!  the only problem was that trying to say hello to all the dogs was all very tiring....


There was even a cat!  he walked around real cool.  i tried to sniff him but he jumped up real high and i couldn't reach him.  he looked down at me from his perch and told me i was a silly boy and off he went!! 

There were also cookies everywhere and i was getting LOTS of them!   lots of people came up to me and gave me good ear scratches and bum scratches.  they all told me that i was a very good dog.  they must have been confused - i had to tell them i was a Hippo!  anyway, we just hung out and i did lots of good sits and downs.


All of a sudden i heard someone call my name and we went into a smaller room.  there was a man in there who gave me a cookie just for being a Hippo!!  he wanted to look at my teeths and my eyes and my ears.  i said no problem!  he took this thing and listened to my heart and said it was a good strong Hippo heart.  i thought no wonder mom and dad like to go to work every day - this is fun - but still very tiring...



After that we went back out into the big room where all the other dogs were.  mom stood at a counter and i watched her take the plastic money card out of her wallet and give it to the pretty girl behind the counter.  i thought it was very strange that mom was paying to be at work??  anyway, just at this moment i noticed the cat again - he was sitting on the counter.  i thought i would try and introduce myself again so i jumped up at him to say hi.  i couldn't believe what happened next!  he took out his paw and whacked me super duper fast on my nose and said that's no way to meet a cat silly Hippo!  so of course i tried again!  the cat whacked me like the speed of light right on my nose again and told me to be more polite!  so i decided that i would try to win the cat over again later - but watch him closely just the same...


Everyone started to say goodbye and that they looked forward to seeing the Hippo again.  i thought that was a pretty short day at work.  we went home and mom and dad said it was time to go in my house and they gave me my tasty peanut butter kong!  i was really confused when they said they had to go to work? we were just at work?!?  mom said that was the vet office silly Hippo and the nice man i met was Dr. TakeCareof Hippo!!  then mom said they work in a boring office with no dogs and cats and that i wouldn't like it much there.  what!?  no dogs or cats!!!  forget it then - i'll stay home with my peanut butter kong and take a nice long nap...with one eye open...just in case that cat decided to come home with us!






2 comments:

  1. Always sleep with one eye open where cats are concerned. Smart Hippo! Glad the doctor gave you a good checkup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eugene I never get tired of reading your antics - so glad to hear you were such a good hippo for your Dr. :) keep up the excellent behaviour - every day your job as an ambassador is very important!

    ReplyDelete